Classic Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Crispy chicken, crumbled bacon, creamy avocado, jammy eggs and sharp blue cheese all on a bed of Romaine topped with a pour of homemade buttermilk dressing over the whole beautiful mess. And that’s the moment, the day, the hour that you’ll never forget—the one when your family began to beg to have salad for dinner.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
• homemade buttermilk ranch
• 1/2 cup minced green onions
• 4 six minutes eggs, halved horizontally
• 8 slices thick bacon, cooked, crumbled
• 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
For the Crispy Panko Chicken:
• 1 cup panko
• 2 tsps sea salt
• canola oil, for frying
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1.5 lbs chicken cutlets, or breast sliced horizontally into two even (thinner) pieces
- Season the chicken with salt. Gather 3 shallow bowls or pie pans. In one bowl place the flour, in a second bowl add the beaten egg and add the panko to the third bowl.
- Working with one piece at a time, dredge chicken in the flour, then into the beaten eggs, shaking off excess egg before dipping it in the the panko. Set aside on a plate and continue steps with remaining chicken.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, until glistening. Working in batches set the chicken in the oil. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Flip, cooking for 2-3 minutes longer until on other side or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken is fully cooked when the thickest part reads 165°F on an instant read thermometer. *If the chicken is browning to quickly, reduce the heat. Remove from heat and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. When slightly cooled, slice the chicken into strips.
- On a large platter arrange romaine lettuce, bacon, eggs, cherry tomatoes, avocado, green onions, blue cheese and chicken. Serve with buttermilk ranch.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/classic-cobb-salad-with-buttermilk-dressing