This creamy pork loin chops recipe, shows you how to sear & cook the meat to perfection then make the creamy sauce all in the same pan, yum!
• Prep time: 40 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 100g butter
• 60ml brandy
• 250ml cream
• 4 tbsps canola oil
• 100g baby spinach
• 4 Pork Midloin Chops
• 2 shallots, finely diced
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 80g pancetta, cut into small dice
• 2 apples, peeled and diced into small cubes
• Preheat your oven to 180 °C /356 °F and prep the ingredients list.
For cook the Pork Midloin Chops:
- To prepare your pork loin chops, using a sharp knife (we use a box cutter) score through the skin in 5mm intervals.
- Heat a cast iron oven proof dish (or an ovenproof fry pan), add your canola oil and heat until smoky.
- Season the pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Once your pan is hot place your pork chops skin side down, standing up to crisp the skin. Once browned seal both the flesh sides.
- Add the butter to the pan, allowing it to melt then place into the oven. Cook for 3 minutes then turn the pork chops over and cook for another 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- Transfer your pork chops to a resting dish to catch the juices and cover to keep warm.
For create the sauce:
- Place the pan you cooked your pork in on the stovetop on a medium heat. Pour out the remaining juices into a bowl and reserve for later. Heat the pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil then add the shallots, garlic, pancetta and fry until golden brown.
- Add the diced apples and brandy. Reduce the brandy until the liquid has evaporated then add the cream.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the baby spinach, allow to wilt in the sauce.
- Add your pork chops, including all the juices, back into the pan and cover with the sauce. Serve with your favourite sides and enjoy
• We recommend spending time to crisp the pork loin skin in the pan, this adds an extra texture to the finished dish.
• Use a meat thermometer to check if cooked, internal temperature should reach 63°C /145 °F , cover and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
• Use one dish that can move from hob to oven and back to hob, to build delicious flavour.
This great family recipe is thanks to Tasty Kitchen at https://atastykitchen.com/delicious-and-easy-pork-loin-chops/