Make your salad Mediterranean by serving grilled scallops over a bed of fresh spinach tossed in lemon vinaigrette, and topping with a savory mixture of pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 cup pine nuts
• 1/2 tsp salt, divided
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• 4 large shallots, chopped
• Balsamic-lemon vinaigrette
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped
• 16 large sea scallops (about 1 pound)
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
• 2 (6 ounces) packages fresh baby spinach
• 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and next 4 ingredients; cook 15 minutes or until pine nuts are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine scallops and lemon juice. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat. Place scallops on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach and 1 cup Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use. Arrange spinach mixture and scallops on plates. Sprinkle with pine nut mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-scallop-salad