Katsu is a Japanese method of breadcrumbing chicken- this version is served with a rich curry sauce.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 skinless chicken breasts
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 8 tbsp finely crushed cornflakes or panko crumbs
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1-2 tbsp Korma paste
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 4 tbsp ketchup
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp cornflour
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Dip the chicken in the egg, then coat in the cornflakes or crumbs. Space the chicken out on a non-stick baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a pan. Pour in 500ml water and heat, stirring, until boiling and thickened. Cover and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Spoon some sauce onto 4 plates, slice the chicken breasts and place on top. Great served with some rice and soya beans with finely sliced red chilli.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2040639/chicken-katsu