Make yourself a pulled pork sandwich or pulled pork taco topped with extra BBQ sauce, or serve it as a savory side. Are you drooling yet?
This meat is fall-apart tender! The marinade enhances the natural flavors of the pork. When you're done shredding the pork, pour as much of the remaining sauce over the pork as you like. Serve with more Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 8 hours
• Yield: Serves 8-10
• 1 large onion
• 6-7 lbs boneless Pork
• Shoulder Chuck Roast
• 1 Tbsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce (we used Stubb's Sticky Sweet)
• 2 Tbsp liquid smoke, optional but nice
• 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Chop 1 large onion and place it into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine 1 Tbsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp paprika and generously sprinkle the pork roast. Massage the roast to rub the seasoning into the meat. Place meat over the onions.
- For the marinade, combine: 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 2 Tbsp liquid smoke, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 3 pressed garlic cloves then stir to combine. Pour the marinade over the pork.
- Cover and set on low for 8 hours. Remove the meat to a large bowl and shred with forks. I nit-picked the heck out of it and remove all the fat. I hate finding surprises in my meat and love not having to inspect what I'm biting into.
This great family recipe is thanks to Natashas Kitchen at https://natashaskitchen.com/2011/12/19/svetlanas-pulled-pork/