This is the best Chicago-style pizza that I have ever had. Make sure that you use the Parmesan in hard triangle form. It tastes so much better when you grate it yourself.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
• 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon, and sprinkle over the dough crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the sausage.
- Add mushrooms and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel seed and garlic powder. Spoon over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crust is golden brown.
This great family recipe is thanks to allrecipes Recipes at https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/82007/chicago-style-pan-pizza/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringId=16546&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%209