• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 200 gm barramundi fillets, skin on
• 60 gm ginger, julienned
• 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
• 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
• 50 ml soy sauce
• ½ tsp sesame oil
• 150 ml peanut oil
• 600 gm assorted Asian green, such as bok choy, Chinese broccoli or choy sum, washed and cut roughly to the same size
• 2 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
• Fried shallots, to serve
- Fill the bottom third of a wok with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Place fish fillets, skin-side down on greaseproof paper in a steamer basket that fits snugly in the wok, ensuring water doesn’t touch the base of the steamer. Scatter ginger and garlic over the fish, reserving 1 tsp of each to add to the Asian greens. Scatter over spring onion, seal steamer with a lid and steam fish until opaque and just cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl, then brush over the fish and set aside to rest while you cook the greens.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over high heat until smoking, add Asian greens, reserved ginger and reserved garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (1 minute). Add the oyster sauce and any remaining soy sauce mixture and toss to combine and greens are wilted. Scatter with sesame seeds and serve hot, topped with the steamed barramundi and scattered with coriander and fried shallots.
This great family recipe is thanks to Lifestyle Food Recipes at https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/23200/steamed-barramundi-with-asian-greens