This sweet, caramelized scallops topped with a lemony pan sauce!
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 12 large scallops
• 8 chives, chopped
• pinch of kosher salt
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 4 tbsps clarified butter
• 3 - 4 tbsps white sugar
• freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
• 1 lemon, zested and squeezed
- Heat butter on medium high.
- Pat scallops dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Spread sugar on a plate and dip one side of each scallop into the sugar before placing it into the saute pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the scallops are nicely seared. Flip and cook for another two minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and reduce the sauce by half.
- Serve scallops topped with pan sauce, lemon zest, parsley, and chives.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Brewer & The Baker at http://www.thebrewerandthebaker.com/archives/4385?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly