If you're planning to transport this dish for a bring-a-plate meal, check this out!
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8 - 10
• 1 tsp salt
• 450g lean diced beef
• 16 large fresh mint leaves
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp ground white pepper
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 16 baby cos lettuce leaves
• 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
• 1 large red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
• 2 small lemons, each cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat a large chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Combine salt, white pepper, black pepper and oil in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add beef. Toss to coat. Thread beef and onion onto skewers.
- Chargrill skewers, turning, for 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a tray. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place lettuce leaves, in a single layer, on a large serving platter. Top each with bean sprouts and mint.
- To serve, place 1 beef skewer on top of each lettuce leaf. Serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/salt-pepper-beef-lettuce-wraps/84ed45a0-6b47-427b-a6d9-cc2f2265697f