Turn a classic starter into a modern lunch or light dinner with this chunky broad bean smash, smoked salmon and soft boiled egg combination.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 eggs
• 150g fresh ricotta
• 1/4 cup baby herbs
• 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 200g sliced smoked salmon
• 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
• 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh chives
• 235g (1 1/2 cups) frozen broad beans
- Place beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Peel the beans. Discard pods. Reserve 1/4 cup podded beans.
- Process the beans, ricotta, lemon rind, 3 tsp lemon juice and 1 tbs chives in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Season.
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh in iced water. Peel the eggs.
- Combine the dill, baby herbs, 2 tsp oil, 3 tsp lemon juice and remaining chives in a bowl. Season and toss to combine.
- Spread toast with the ricotta mixture. Top with the smoked salmon and herb mixture. Carefully break the eggs in half. Top the bruschetta with egg and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/broad-bean-smash-smoked-salmon-bruschetta/15337810-02b1-4dfd-9f73-5003ae299f2b?r=entertaining/6G3Cl5Ml