This white wine sauce is quick and delicious with subtle lemon garlic flavors. This Scallops in Lemon Cream is an easy and elegant recipe, perfect for a quick weekday dinner with the family!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 cup white wine
• parsley for garnish
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 1 pound sea scallops
• 2 tbsps butter divided
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Defrost scallops in the fridge if frozen. Dab dry with a paper towel and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil over high heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Once the oil is smoking, add scallops and cook 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip scallops over and cook an additional 60 seconds or just until firm and browned. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate to rest.
- Reduce heat to medium and wipe-out skillet with a paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add heavy cream and lemon juice. Simmer 2 minutes more or until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining butter.
- Drizzle sauce over scallops and sprinkle with parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Spend with Pennies at https://www.spendwithpennies.com/seared-scallops-in-lemon-wine-sauce/