• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 1/3 cup pimiento strips (2 oz.)
• 1 pound bowtie pasta (farfalle)
• 4 sweet or hot Italian sausages (1 1/4 lb.)
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz.), plus extra for serving
• 1 head broccoli, stalks removed, cut into small florets (about 6 cups, loosely packed)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and return to a boil. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Mash roughly with a fork.
- Remove casings from sausages and crumble meat into a large skillet. (Or cut into slices and brown sausages in casings.) Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until water has evaporated, fat is rendered and sausage is no longer pink anywhere, 10 to 12 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bowties-with-broccoli-sausage