Sweet and Sour Meatballs - The best tangy meatballs ever with homemade sweet and sour sauce, good for an appetizer or pairing for a great meal! the best meatballs ever with sweet and sour sauce. These meatballs are so good you'll want them everyday!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• oil for pan-frying
• 1/2 small onion, quartered
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 3 dashes ground white pepper
• 1/4 tsp five-spice powder, (optional)
• 12 oz ground pork or ground chicken
• 1/2- inch piece peeled ginger, finely minced
Sweet and sour sauce:
• 2 tbsps water
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsps ketchup
• 1/2 tsp cornstarch
• 2 tbsps Thai sweet chili sauce
• 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Combine the ground pork or chicken with ginger, garlic, five-spice powder (if using), sesame oil, pepper and salt. Stir to combine well. Wet both hands with some water and shape into 24 meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok or skillet with some oil, pan-fry the meatballs until they turn light to golden brown. Drained them on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Clean the wok or skillet. Heat it up with a little bit oil. Add the onion and do a few quick stirs. Add the sweet and sour sauce and cook it until it's thickened, then add the meatballs. Stir to coat well with the sauce. Dish out and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Rasa Malaysia Recipes at https://rasamalaysia.com/sweet-and-sour-meatballs/