• Prep and cook time: about 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 4 - 6
• 2 tbsps honey
• 1 shallot, sliced
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp grated ginger
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 2 tbsps golden raisins
• 3 cloves garlic, grated
• 1 1/2 cups bone broth
• 1/2 tsp ground coriander
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 2 pounds chicken thighs (about 4 thighs)
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 small or 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch half-moons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the coriander, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a braiser or large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until melted and shimmering. Add the chicken to the pan, skin-side down. Sear until the skin is deep golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove to a plate. Stir the carrots into the pan and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook until fragrant, about 30 more seconds. Add the cauliflower and raisins and stir together. Pour in about 1/2 cup bone broth and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Pour in the remaining broth and the honey. Nestle the chicken back into the pan skin-side up. Bring to a boil, then place in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/bone-broth-braised-turmeric-chicken-with-veggies-8031668