My family and I like chuck roast recipes. So this slow-cooked recipe is terrific. You will also love how flavorful and tender this comforting beef chuck roast turns out.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 5 hours
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tsps pepper
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1/2 cup beef broth
• 3 tbsps cornstarch
• 1/4 cup cold water
• 3 tbsps brown sugar
• 1 cerlery rib, chopped
• 3 garlic coves, minced
• 4 tsps prepared mustard
• 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
• 1 large onion, halved and sliced
• 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
• 1 medium green pepper, halved and sliced
• 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- Mix first10 ingredients. Place onion, green pepper and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker; place roast over top. Pour tomato mixture over roast. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables. Transfer juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve roast and vegetables with gravy.
Freeze Option: Place sliced beef and vegetables in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
* Chuck Roast Tips:
What kind of meat is chuck roast?
Chuck roast comes mainly from the shoulder section of the steer, as well as parts of the neck, ribs and the upper arm. It’s a large part of the animal and is typically an affordable cut of meat.
How do you tenderize chuck roast?
Braising is the best way to tenderize chuck roast because it breaks down the fat into tender, juicy pieces.
What else is chuck roast good for?
Chuck roast can be used in a variety of recipes, letting you feed the whole family without breaking the bank.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/melt-in-your-mouth-chuck-roast/