A simple recipe with a few ingredients especially designed to really enhance the mild and buttery flavor of the Barramundi.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 18 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/3 cup white wine
• 1 cup leek, chopped
• 1/2 tbsp dill, chopped
• 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
• 3 barramundi portion fillets
• 3 tbsps heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup cherry tomato, cut in half
- Turn on the oven to 425 F.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil on a pan, add the leeks and season with salt. Cook the leeks until they start turning transparent and soft.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate for 2 minutes. Add the cream and the tomato paste. Cook some more stirring often, until the sauce is reduced almost by half.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil and place the barramundi fillet on top. Season with salt and pour the cream sauce over it. Top with the tomatoes and chopped dill.
- Bake for 16 - 20 minutes.
- Optional: A great garnish is fried leeks. Cut some of the leftover leek in thin slices, coat with olive oil, season with salt and air fry at 400F for 5 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/barramundi-with-light-cream-and-tomato-sauce/