Treat the family to Dani Venn's delicious duck, watermelon and coriander salad, served with a gorgeous plum dressing and garnished with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 duck breasts
• 2 tsps sesame seeds
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 cup (100g) bean sprouts, rinsed
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
• 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, crushed
• 1/2 cup mint (about 1/2 a bunch), roughly torn
• 1 cup coriander leaves (about 1 bunch), washed
• 1/4 watermelon, rind removed, sliced 1cm triangles or dice
For the dressing:
• 2 tbsps water
• 2 tsps hoisin sauce
• 2 tbsps plum sauce
- Cook duck breasts according to packet instructions, when cooked, slice breasts thinly.
- Combine mint, coriander, bean sprouts, spring onion in a large mixing bowl. Place cucumber and watermelon in separate mixing bowl.
- Mix together plum sauce, hoisin sauce and water, set aside.
- When ready to serve salad, combine herb mix, watermelon and cucumber and duck, dress salad just before serving. Garnish with white sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/duck-watermelon-coriander-salad/d3d6f6f2-b45a-462d-a0a5-ffdbed76650f