Spoil everyone’s taste buds at your next BBQ with this sweet, succulent barramundi dish that is perfect for the Aussie summer heat. Serve with chargrilled carrots and asparagus, and drizzle with tangy ginger and cucumber dressing for a happy guests every time.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 3 bunches Dutch carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
• 1 tbs olive oil
• bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
• 6 Coles Australian Ocean Barramundi Fillets
• 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tsp sea salt flakes
• 1/2 cup coriander leaves
Ginger & Cucumber Dressing:
• 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
• 2 tbs lime juice
• 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped
• 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
To make the ginger and cucumber dressing, place sugar, lime juice, vinegar and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 mins or until syrup thickens slightly. Set aside to cool. Stir in the fish sauce, oil, cucumber and ginger.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Brush carrots with a little oil. Season. Cook, turning occasionally, for 6-8 mins or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Cook asparagus, turning, for 2 mins or until bright green and tender. Add to the carrots on the plate.
- Brush barramundi with remaining oil. Sprinkle the skin with chilli, cumin and salt. Cook, skin-side down, for 4 mins or until golden brown and crisp. Turn and cook for 2-3 mins or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Divide carrots and asparagus among serving plates. Top with barramundi and coriander. Drizzle with dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/bbq-chilli-barramundi-carrot-asparagus/hvcjhr2n