20-Minute Chicken Thighs and Couscous with Dill
To make this recipe using boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts is a smart way to make sure the meat stays moist and flavourful. We love the way grape tomatoes soften under the heat of the broiler, adding more juicy goodness to the chicken. Lots of lemon, plus dill and oregano, giv ethe dish a Greek feel.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tsp unsalted butter
• 1 1/4 cups couscous
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
• 1 cup loosely packed dill fronds, chopped
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
• 2 medium Persian cucumbers , quartered and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, each pierced halfway through with a paring knife
• zest of 2 lemons, plus juice of 3 lemons, plus 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Position an oven rack about 4 inches away from the broiler heat source, and preheat. Bring 1 1/2 cups water, the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a covered medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat, quickly stir in the couscous and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the dill, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the chicken, tomatoes, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together on a rimmed baking sheet. Unfold the chicken thighs so they're covered with the marinade, and lay them as flat as possible. Broil until the chicken is cooked through and browned, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan and flipping the tomatoes and chicken halfway through.
- Transfer two chicken thighs and a few tomatoes to each plate. Stir the pan juices into the dilled couscous. Place 1 1/4 cups of couscous on each plate, and top with a scoop of chopped cucumbers, a dollop of yogurt and a lemon wedge.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/20-minute-chicken-thighs-and-couscous-with-feta-and-dill-3362737