To accompany our crispy-skinned barramundi, we’re mixing together a hearty trio of sautéed zucchini, kale, and onion with sweet pickled peppers. It’s all topped with a tangy yogurt sauce brightened with fresh lemon juice, garlic, and more.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 Skin-On Barramundi Fillets
• 1 yellow onion
• ½ oz Sweet Piquante Peppers
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 lemon
• ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp Za'atar seasoning (ground sumac, sesame seeds, salt, ground thyme, whole dried oregano & crushed aleppo pepper)
• 1 bunch kale
• 1 zucchini
- Prepare the ingredients & make the sauce: Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion. Separate the kale leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then thinly slice the leaves. Quarter and deseed the lemon. Finely chop the peppers. Peel 1 clove of garlic; using a zester, finely grate into a paste (or use the small side of a box grater). In a bowl, combine the yogurt, half the chopped peppers, the juice of 2 lemon wedges, 1 tablespoon of water, and as much of the garlic paste as you’d like. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook the vegetables: In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the sliced zucchini in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the sliced kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add 2 tablespoons of water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and the water has cooked off. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
- Cook the fish: Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Season on both sides with salt, pepper, and half the za’atar. In the same pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned fish, skin side down. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Finish the vegetables & serve your dish: To the bowl of cooked vegetables, add the remaining chopped peppers and the juice of the remaining lemon wedges. Stir to combine. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve the finished vegetables topped with the cooked fish and sauce. Garnish with the remaining za’atar. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Blue-Apron Recipes at https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/za-atar-spiced-barramundi-yogurt-sauce-with-roasted-cauliflower-kale