Vineyard Sausages with Grapes
Treat yourself with this succulent sausage dish and a glass of matured Italian wine. "When the grapes hit the pan, they ooze warm juice that coats the pork sausages."
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• crusty bread, to serve
• 2 tbsps dry white wine
• 750g firm, ripe green grapes
• 2 tbsps flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1kg thin Italian-style pork sausages
- Wash and dry the grapes, then remove them from their stalks.
- Prick the pork sausages well. Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat and then add the sausages. Pan-fry slowly, turning them every couple of minutes, until they are well-browned and firm.
- Drain off half the oil if it seems an excessive amount.
- Add the grapes, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook gently for a few minutes, until most of the grapes split and release their juice. Shake the pan occasionally to coat the sausages in the grape juice. Add the white wine and shake again.
- Pile the sausages onto a warm serving platter and top with the warmed grapes. Drizzle with the remaining pan juices and scatter with parsley leaves. Serve with crusty bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/vineyard-sausages-grapes/1d263219-43eb-445e-b61d-165cd59a63b9?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/yil20vmy