• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb. Aussie grassfed ground beef
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
• 1 bunch cilantro, leaves and stems finely chopped
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 each carrot, peeled lengthwise into ribbons
• 1 tbsp white vinegar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 each cucumber, sliced lengthwise into long batons
• 2 each sliced roma tomatoes
• 4 each bread rolls, long
• Cilantro sprigs to serve
• Sriracha sauce to serve
- To prep: Place ground beef, garlic, Sriracha and cilantro leaves and stems in a large bowl with ½ teaspoon salt and mix to combine, using clean hands. Roll a heaped tablespoon of mince mixture into a meatball. Repeat to make 16 meatballs.
- To cook: Place 3-4 meatballs per skewer, brush with oil and cook on a BBQ, grill pan or large nonstick fry-pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- For the carrots: To pickle carrot, place carrot ribbons in a bowl with vinegar and salt and toss to combine, leave to pickle for 10 minutes, then drain.
- To serve: Place a little salad and cilantro in each roll, top with meatballs and drizzle with sauce to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/beef/vietnamese-style-meatball-sandwich/