Vietnamese Prawn & Rice Noodle Salad
20 minutes is all it takes to create this delicious and tasty meal.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 cup fresh coriander
• 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
• 1 cup (75g) bean sprouts
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
• 200g rice vermicelli noodles
• 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
• 300g peeled cooked prawns (tails intact), deveined
• 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, cut into thin matchsticks
• 1 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed, cut into thin matchsticks
For the Nuoc Cham Dressing:
• 2 tbsps fish sauce
• 2 tbsps brown sugar
• 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- For the nuoc cham, stir the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice in a bowl to dissolve the sugar, then stir in chilli and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to packet instructions, drain well, then place in a large bowl.
- Add the carrot, cucumber, chilli, prawns, bean sprouts and herbs to the bowl of noodles. Add the dressing, toss well to combine, then serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/vietnamese-prawn-rice-noodle-salad/023ce567-373f-4b25-b4ee-ce727679009e?r=recipes/top50prawnrecipes&c=6teTW6Ub/Top%2050%20prawn%20recipes