Turmeric Fish with Nam Pla Prik
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 5 cloves garlic
• 2 tbsps sea salt
• 500ml vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp black pepper
• 1 knob fresh turmeric
• 4-5 coriander roots, washed and scraped
• 1 whole barramundi (about 400g), cleaned and scaled
Nam pla prik dressing:
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 4 tbsps fish sauce
• 2 eschalots, finely sliced
• 3 small red chillies, finely chopped
- Combine turmeric, garlic, pepper, coriander roots and salt in a mortar and pestle and pound to a paste.
- Spread over both sides of the barramundi and rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a wok to cover fish and cook over medium heat until skin is crisp and barramundi is cooked on both sides.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Serve fish with nam pla prik dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Good Food Recipes at https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/turmeric-fish-with-nam-pla-prik-20111018-29wnq