This Thai Sweet Chili Chicken recipe with sticky, sweet and savory sweet chili sauce. This Thai chicken is so good you will want to lick the plate!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 tsp lime juice
• oil, for deep-frying
• 1/2 tsp white sesame
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 tbsp bottled sweet child sauce
• 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
• 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast/thigh, cut into small pieces
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup water, ice cold
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix all the ingredients for the Batter until well combine. Add the chicken into the batter.
- Heat up a wok/skillet with about two inches of oil. As soon as the oil is fully heated, deep-fry the chicken until golden brown. Transfer the chicken out to a dish lined with paper towels to sock up the excess oil.
- Clean the wok/skillet and heat it up on medium heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Transfer the fried chicken into the wok, follow by the sweet chili sauce, lime juice and salt. Stir to coat the chicken well with the sweet chili sauce.
- Dish out, garnish with the white sesame and cilantro leave. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/thai-sweet-chili-chicken/