This Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are juicy and moist chicken meatballs with sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. You'll want them every day!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 egg white
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• oil, for shallow frying
• 1/4 small onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• 3 dashes black pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsps lemon juice
• white sesame (Optional)
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• Chopped scallion or cilantro (Optional)
• 1/3 cup Japanese mirin, sweet rice wine
- Blend the chicken, onion, garlic, egg white, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor until well combined. Wet both hands with some water and shape the ground chicken into meatballs and lay on a plate lined with parchment paper. Heat up a pan or skillet with some oil, shallow fry the meatballs until lightly browned or cooked through.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan or skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the Japanese mirin, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well with the chicken meatballs. Simmer and cook until the sauce slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Top with sesame and chopped scallion or cilantro, if using. Dish out and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/teriyaki-chicken-meatballs/