Summer is all about easy meals with minimal clean-up and foil packet dinners are just the solution. These Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are a complete meal that require hardly any effort! The great thing is that you can toss them on the grill while you’re camping or cook them in the oven on a busy weeknight.
These Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy campfire or weeknight meal. Best of all, they are filled with a sweet and savory Asian glazed chicken, broccoli, edamame, green beans, pineapple and bell peppers. Throw them on the grill or in the oven to cook and serve with some rice or your favorite side dish.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Heavy Duty Foil plus parchment paper if preferred
For the Foil Packets:
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup green beans
• 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
• 1/4 cup pineapple chunks optional
• 1 cup edamame beans defrosted (optional)
• 3/4 - 1 cup teriyaki sauce homemade recipe below or your favorite store-bought
For Meal Prep:
• Your favorite side: quinoa rice or potatoes
• For the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
• ¼ cups low sodium soy sauce
• 4-5 tablespoons honey depending on how sweet you like it
• 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 1½ teaspoons sesame oil plus more for drizzling on vegetables
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• ¾ teaspoon grated or ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 3 tablespoons water
• Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut four 18 x 12 inch squares of foil* and lay out on a flat surface.
- If making the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet, arranging them around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush teriyaki sauce on both sides of the chicken and vegetables - reserving enough for later.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets
- If cooking on the grill: Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- If cooking in the oven: Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through, rotating tray once). Time varies depending on the thickness of the chicken. Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with sesame seeds and green onions (if desired) and serve immediately with quinoa, rice or your favorite side.
- For meal prep: Divide chicken and vegetables into lunch containers. Add your favorite side.
NOTES: If you prefer using parchment paper instead - you can also cut four 18 x 12 inch parchment paper squares and place them on top of the foil and place the salmon and vegetables on the parchment paper. Then double wrap the packets with the foil layer on the outside.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life Made Sweeter Recipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/teriyaki-chicken-foil-packets/