Teriyaki Beef Foil Packets - made with tender steak, broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms and potatoes tossed in a sweet and savory Asian-inspired sauce. These bake up perfectly in the oven on a busy weeknight - or toss them on the grill for a weekend summer cookout.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 small red bell pepper chopped
• freshly chopped parsley for topping
• 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms (I used Shitake)
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup Soy Vay®’s Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade and Sauce divided
• 1/2 lbs Rib-eye steak cut into 1 1/2" pieces can also use T-bone, Filet Mignon or strip steak
• 1 cup potatoes cut into 1 - 1 1/2" chunks I used Russet but baby Yukon or baby red potatoes would work as well
- Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 450°F.
- Season steak with salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of Soy Vay®’s Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade and Sauce.
- Add mushrooms, potatoes, broccoli and bell peppers in a large bowl. Add sesame oil and remaining Soy Vay®’s Veri Veri Teriyaki® Marinade and Sauce and toss to combine. Gently stir in the steak.
- Cut four 18 x 12 inch squares of foil* and divide mixture evenly among each packet.
- Fold the foil over the steak and seal to close off the packets.
If cooking on the grill:
- Place foil packets onto the grill and close the lid. Grill for 12 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 7-8 minutes. (If you like a nice char on your steak, add them directly to the grill during the last few minutes)
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes, to steam the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and additional black pepper, if desired.
If cooking in the oven: Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 18 minutes (rotating tray once). Open foil packets then return to oven and turn to broil. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until steak is slightly charred. Remove baking sheet from oven. Seal the packets again and allow to stand for an additional 6-8 minutes so the potatoes continue to steam and cook. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and additional black pepper, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life Made Sweeter Recipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/teriyaki-beef-foil-packets/