• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 240 g Patagonian Scallops (120 to 150 ct)
• 1 fresh lemon, juice and zest
• 4 leaves radicchio (fine chiffonade)
• 200 ml olive oil (for dressing and sautéing)
• 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
• ¼ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
• 1 g sea salt
• 3 ml cracked white pepper
• 250 g tagliatelle, or fettuccine pasta
- Bring 3 liters of water to a boil. In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat gently sauté garlic until aromatic but not colored.
- Remove to mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and slowly whisk in 150 ml of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Reserve for later.
- In a heavy bottom pan over high heat, add 25 ml of olive oil and quickly add scallops.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds and then shake pan and allow to cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Add chiffonade of Radicchio and immediately take off heat.
- Shake well and remove contents to reserve warm.
- Cook pasta as per manufacturers instructions in boiling water and toss with Lemon Oil mixture.
- Plating: Divide immediately among four plates and top with scallops and radicchio and leaves of parsley. Add a pinch of lemon zest. Serve at once.
This great family recipe is thanks to Clearwater Recipes at https://www.clearwater.ca/en/clearwater-kitchen-industry/recipes/scallop-recipes/argentine-scallop-recipes/tagliatelle-of-patagonian-scallops-lemon-and-olive/