Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
This Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings with homemade sweet and sour sauce. These wings are addictive and delicious, and perfect as an appetizer or main entree.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 pinch salt
• white sesame
• 3 dashes ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 lbs (about 0.6 kg) chicken wings, drumettes and middle sections
For sweet and sour sauce:
• 1 tsp sriracha
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1 tsp corn starch
• 1 1/2 tbsps sugar
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt and ground black pepper. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then place a baking rack on top. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, as pictured below.
- Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked and crispy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Make sure you keep checking on them.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sweet and Sour Sauce in a sauce pan. Heat it up until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the chicken are done, transfer them out of the oven and add them to the Sweet and Sour Sauce. Toss a few times to coat well. Top the chicken wings with some white sesame. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/sweet-and-sour-chicken-wings/