Egg noodles and meatballs are cloaked in a creamy shallot sauce, baked until bubbly, and served with lingonberry jam for a twist on Swedish Meatballs. Bonus: This home-style dish is on the table in less than an hour.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 12 oz uncooked wide egg noodles
• 1/2 cup sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
• 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 lb frozen cooked beef meatballs
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
• Lingonberry jam
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish; set aside. Heat 6-quart pot of water to boiling; add egg noodles, and cook 5 minutes. Noodles should still be firm through the middle. Drain, and set aside.
- While noodles are boiling, cook shallots and butter in 3-quart saucepan about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft. Stir in flour to make a roux; cook 60 seconds. Gradually stir in chicken broth, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and all stock is mixed in. Heat to simmering, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In baking dish, mix noodles, sauce and meatballs, coating well. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and thickened. Cool 10 minutes; serve with parsley and lingonberry jam.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty Crocker Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/swedish-meatball-noodle-bake/c4e6ce68-87b6-48a8-a18b-bf2f21b27c40