• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 leek
• 1 Royal Gala apple
• 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 500 g minced pork
• ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
• 500 g puff pastry
• 1 large free-range egg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Wash, trim and dice the leek, core and dice the apple, then pick the thyme leaves.
- Combine the pork, leek, apple, thyme leaves and mustard seeds in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry to 1cm thick and 34cm x 30cm. Halve lengthways and place a strip of mince down the centre of each.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg, roll up and seal. Brush with more egg, then cut each strip into 3 rolls.
- Score the tops and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/pork-apple-sausage-rolls/