Spice up your midweek chicken with a sticky soy glaze
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 skin-on chicken thighs
• 2 tbsp clear honey
• chopped coriander, to serve
For the Marinade:
• 2 tsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp tamari
• 3 tbsp Sherry or rice wine
• 5 tbsp stem ginger in syrup, chopped
• 6 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slash the skin on each chicken thigh 2-3 times. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the marinade until completely coated, then either cook straight away or cover and chill for a few hrs to marinate.
- To cook, place the chicken in a shallow roasting tin in a single layer and pour over the marinade. Bake for 35-40 mins. Drizzle with honey, place under a medium grill and cook for 3 mins more, until the skin is golden and crisp.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate and tip all the cooking juices into a small saucepan, pouring off any excess fat. Over a medium heat, bubble down the juices until thick and syrupy. Drizzle over the chicken and scatter with coriander.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/487631/sticky-tamari-and-honey-chicken-thighs