What's better than a spicy potato and chorizo bake for dinner? Serving it up for brunch the next day!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 700g red baby potatoes, scrubbed, quartered
• 5 whole garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
• 1 large red onion, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
• 2 (about 250g) chorizo, sliced
• 2 sweet corncobs, kernels removed
• 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
• Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place the potato in a heatproof bowl and cover. Microwave on High for 7 minutes or until potato is just tender. Transfer to a colander to drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, crush 1 of the garlic cloves. Combine the crushed garlic with the oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano and cumin in a large bowl. Season well. Add the capsicum, onion, chorizo, potato and the remaining whole garlic cloves. Toss to combine.
Transfer to a large baking dish. Bake, stirring halfway, for 30 minutes or until golden. Stir in the corn. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve dolloped with sour cream, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spicy-potato-chorizo-bake/fcd7a964-6256-4037-a7fe-d0df6deedf62?r=recipes/sausagerecipes&c=9b68d69e-2711-445b-8087-66061c71a108/Sausage%20recipes