Spicy Basil Beef Salad
Spicy basil beef salad. Perfectly seared beef with basil leaves, tomatoes and a spicy Thai dressing, so healthy and yummy!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 12 ounces top sirloin steak
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 shallots, sliced
• 1 cup sliced cucumber
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, Thai, Italian and lemon basil
- Heat a nonstick pan at medium-high heat. Season the steaks with the salt and black pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and cook until desired tenderness. Turning the steaks every few minutes will help it cook more evenly.
- Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate and let stand for 8-10 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare the Dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- Combine the Salad's ingredients in a salad bowl. Drizzle 3/4 of the Dressing mixture over the salad and toss gently.
- Divide the salad into 4 servings and top each plate with sliced steaks. Drizzle the remaining dressing on the steaks.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA Recipes at https://rasamalaysia.com/spicy-basil-beef-salad/