A good marinade can make your chicken wings absolutely impossible to put down. This sauce is spicy, sweet, and garlicky. It's the perfect combination to keep you reaching for more. The best part, though, is how caramelized and sticky they get in the oven.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 3 hours & 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 c. honey
• 1/4 c. chili garlic sauce
• Juice of 1 lime
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
• 2 lb. chicken wings
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ginger. Set aside ½ cup of mixture. Add chicken wings to remaining marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Remove wings from marinade and place on wire rack. Bake until golden and crispy, 50 to 60 minutes, flipping wings halfway through.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Brush sauce over wings and broil until caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25920956/chicken-wing-marinade-recipe/