Ground Beef Tacos
This Beef Taco Recipe with the juiciest ground beef taco meat. Beef tacos are perfect for easy entertaining or busy weeknights and they always get rave reviews!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves about 20 small tacos
For the Beef Mixture:
• 2 lbs ground beef chuck
• 10% to 20% fat
• 20 oz Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilis (Two 10 oz cans with their juice)
• 1 tsp chili powder plus more for serving
• 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
To Serve Beef Tacos:
• 20 yellow corn tortillas (small)
• 1/2 iceberg lettuce shredded
• 2/3 cup sour cream for topping
• 2 limes cut into wedges
• 1/4 bunch Cilantro sprigs to serve
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add 2 lbs ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through (5 minutes). Use a spoon to skim off and discard most of the excess fat, leaving about 2-3 Tbsp in the pan.
- Add 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp salt. Continue to cook until beef is fully cooked and sauce slightly reduced and most of the tomato liquid has evaporated (7 to 10 minutes).
- Before serving, on a dry large non-stick pan over medium/high heat, toast both sides of tortillas just until hot and barely starting to turn golden (15-30 seconds per side). Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- To serve, place a heaping spoonful of beef over each tortilla, top with lettuce, mango salsa, sprigs of cilantro, sour cream and a sprinkle of chili powder if desired. Squeeze fresh lime juice just before eating.
This great family recipe is thanks to Natasha's Kitchen Recipes at https://natashaskitchen.com/beef-tacos/