These sausage and fennel coleslaw wraps are perfect summer fare.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps honey
• 1 tbsp grated horseadish
• 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 fennel bulb, finely shredded
• 4 lavash wraps, halved lengthways
• 1/4 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/4 cup (75g) whole egg mayonnaise
• 500g pork or beef chipolata sausages
- Combine the cabbage, fennel and carrot in a bowl. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise and horseradish and stir to combine. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill pan over medium heat, then cook sausages for 8-10 minutes, turning, until browned and cooked through. (Alternatively, preheat oven to 180°C and cook for 15-20 minutes on an oiled baking tray.)
- Meanwhile, combine honey, mustard and garlic in a small bowl. When sausages are nearly cooked, brush them with the honey mixture. Cook for a further minute or until sausages begin to caramelise. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place lavash wraps on a work surface. Divide sausages and coleslaw among the wraps, then roll up to enclose filling. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/sausage-fennel-coleslaw-wraps/0fc3c5d5-50ab-4648-8684-954b2e0a25cd?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/yil20vmy