The spices on this easy salmon fish create a delicious crust and add a hint of heat to balance out the sweetness of the syrup.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tbsps maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ancho chili powder
• 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
For the Pineapple Salsa:
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsps fresh lime juice, from one lime
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the top of the oven and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the pineapple salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the paprika, ancho chili powder, cumin, sugar and kosher salt together in a small bowl.
- Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture. Broil for 5-6 minutes, or until almost done. Remove the pan from the oven and brush the fillets evenly with the maple syrup. Broil for one minute more. Transfer the fish to plates and top with pineapple salsa.
This great family recipe is thanks to Once Upon A Chef at https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/maple-glazed-salmon-with-pineapple-salsa.html