The BEST and EASIEST beef teriyaki recipe that takes 15 mins to make and better than restaurants. You can make the beef teriyaki with your favorite cut of beef and homemade teriyaki sauce.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• oil for pan-frying
• 8 oz. (about 226 g) beef tenderloin
• 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1/2 tbsp Japanese cooking sake
For Teriyaki Sauce (Tare)
• 2 tbsps sugar
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• 2 tbsps mirin, sweet rice wine
• 2 tbsps Japanese cooking sake
• 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 tsp water
• White sesame seeds
• Some chopped scallions (Optional)
- Cut the beef into strips, across the grain. Marinate the beef with the Marinade, for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Teriyaki Sauce. Heat up a small sauce pan and prepare the sauce. As soon as the sauce starts to bubble, remove it from the heat.
- Add some oil to your skillet and pan-fry the beef, until slightly charred. Transfer the beef to a serving ware, and add the Teriyaki Sauce on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions, if used. Serve the beef teriyaki immediately with steamed white rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/beef-teriyaki-recipe/