Mexican pork chilli with a smoky barbecued flavour, served in crispy tortilla shells with ripe avocado.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 8 taco shells
• 300ml passata
• 2 tsps vegetable oil
• 1/2 red onion, chopped
• 5 tbsps barbecue sauce
• 500g pack lean pork mince
• 400g can black bean, drained
• small bunch coriander, chopped
• soured cream, to serve (Optional)
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
• 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
• 2 tsps each smoked paprika and ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for 1 min more. Add the mince, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, and stir until cooked through.
- Stir the passata and barbecue sauce into the pan along with 4 tbsp water. Increase the heat and allow the sauce to bubble and reduce until it clings to the meat. Add the beans, season and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir in the coriander. Heat the tacos following pack instructions.
- Use the pork and bean mix to fill the tacos, top with slices of avocado, shredded iceberg lettuce and a dollop of soured cream, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoky-pork-black-bean-tacos