A mix of chilli, lime, sesame and soy turns a traditional smoked salmon starter into a spicy taste sensation.
• Prep time: 30 minutes, No need to cook
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1kg smoked salmon
• handful coriander leaves
• 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and diced
• 2 large just ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
For the dressing:
• zest 2 limes
• 4 tbsps lime juice
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps caster sugar
• 2 tbsps light soy sauce
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing. It will keep in the fridge overnight, although the flavours will get hotter as the chilli sits in the liquid.
- To serve, arrange the salmon on plates – it works out at about 3 slices per person. Mix the avocado, cucumber and coriander, then pile or scatter on top. Spoon over a little of the dressing and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoked-salmon-asian-dressing