Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs
Flavorful, tender pork meatballs are baked in the oven then cooked in an irresistible Sriracha-flavored sauce for an easy slow cooker appetizer everyone will love.
• Prep time: need refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking
• Cook time: about 4-6 hours
• Yield: Serves about 36-40 small meatballs
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1 egg yolk whisked
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 pound ground pork
• 1/4 cup regular ketchup
• 1 10- ounce jar pepper jelly
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves minced
• 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
• Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion about 3 green onions
• 1 heaping tbsp ginger grated or finely minced (about 1-inch knob)
• 3/4 cup Kroger Sriracha ketchup or 3/4 cup regular ketchup mixed with XX Sriracha sauce
- In a medium bowl, add the pork and drizzle with the egg yolk, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and ground pepper and gently mix together with your fingers. Add the green onion, cilantro leaves and panko bread crumbs and mix gently until incorporated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a small scoop or spoon to form 1/2-inch balls and gently roll between your palms and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. The meatballs may not be cooked all the way through and will continue to cook in the slow cooker. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- For the sauce, in a medium size bowl or 4 cup measuring cup, mix the Sriracha ketchup with the regular ketchup, pepper jelly, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Pour over the meatballs and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Foodie-Crush Recipes at https://www.foodiecrush.com/slow-cooker-sriracha-meatballs/