• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 8 hours
• Yield: Serves 6-8
• 3 to 4-pound chuck pot roast
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 3 to 4 medium potatoes, quartered
• 3 to 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 2 medium onions, quartered
• 1/2 cup beef broth
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the vegetables in bottom of slow cooker crock, top with roast, then add remaining vegetables and liquid.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
• Half of a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots can be used instead of 3-4 medium carrots.
• Cooking meat over a long period of time in moist heat will tenderize a tougher cut of meat so using a more affordable cut of beef like chuck works well.
• Make the most out of slow cooker leftovers when you meal plan. If you are looking for what else you can make with your leftover pot roast, these recipes will transform your leftovers into delicious new meals.
• Quick and Easy Beef Ragu - Use leftover pot roast and our slow cooker marinara sauce recipe to create a delicious meat sauce that's easy to serve on top of your favorite pasta or egg noodles.
• Pot Roast Po Boys - No-hassle sandwiches made with leftovers are a great lunch option on their own, or you can serve them alongside a bowl of soup or salad for a quick weeknight dinner. The creamy cajun mayonnaise and rich leftover pot roast in this easy recipe are the perfect compliment to the tangy, crunchy pickles and crisp lettuce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Pot-Roast-1504294#c03e2d70-bb5f-46c4-9134-7095a5d0659f