I carmelized some mango, cabbage, and shallots with my favorite balsamic vinegar.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1 lb scallops
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 4 tbsps olive oil
• 1 shallot, sliced
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 mango, sliced very thin
• 1/4 red cabbage, sliced very thin
- Season scallops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add scallops. Let cook on each side until brown, about 4 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add mango, shallots and cabbage. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Top mango slaw with scallops. Add rice or pasta on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to How Sweet Eats at https://www.howsweeteats.com/2010/02/seared-scallops-with-carmelized-mango-slaw/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly