This flavor-packed dish features crispy-skinned barramundi, which we’re topping with a vibrant relish made with roasted red peppers, briny capers, lemon juice, and garlic. We’re serving it over a hearty bed of marinated kale studded with juicy tomatoes, crisp radishes, and roasted potatoes.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 lemon
• 1 bunch kale
• 1 clove garlic
• 3 oz radishes
• 1 tbsp capers
• 2 skin-on barramundi fillets
• 3/4 lb golden or red potatoes
• 4 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
• 1 oz sliced roasted red peppers
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning(whole dried basil, sage, oregano, savory, rosemary, thyme & marjoram)
- Prepare & roast the potatoes: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the potatoes lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat and arrange in an even layer. Roast 25 to 27 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients: While the potatoes roast, separate the kale leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then thinly slice the leaves. Quarter and deseed the lemon. Roughly chop the capers and peppers; combine in a bowl. Peel 1 clove of garlic; using a zester, finely grate into a paste (or use the small side of a box grater). Halve the radishes lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Halve the tomatoes.
- Marinate the kale: While the potatoes continue to roast, in a large bowl, combine the sliced kale, 1 tsp of olive oil, and the juice of 2 lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, massage the kale until slightly softened. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the fish: While the kale marinates, pat the fish dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 tsp of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned fish, skin side down, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until the skin is slightly browned and crispy. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Make the caper relish: While the fish cooks, to the bowl of chopped capers and peppers, add the juice of the remaining lemon wedges and as much of the garlic paste as you'd like. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Finish the kale & serve your dish: To the bowl of marinated kale, add the roasted potatoes, sliced radishes, and halved tomatoes. Stir to combine. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve the finished kale topped with the cooked fish. Top the fish with the caper relish. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Blue Apron Recipes at https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/seared-barramundi-caper-relish-with-roasted-potatoes-marinated-kale