Garlicky Bourbon Chicken
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 1 cup bourbon
• 1 cup frozen peas
• extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsps freshly chopped parsley
• 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 lb. chicken thighs, patted dry with paper towels
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon each butter and oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken skin-side down until golden, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to skillet and let melt. Add garlic and onions and cook until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add bourbon and chicken broth and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and return chicken skin side up. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add peas to skillet and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50323/garlicky-bourbon-chicken-recipe/