Everyone loves a good kebab. The trick for great ones is to make sure meat and vegetables are cut into equal-size pieces before skewering so that everything has a chance to cook evenly.
• Prep time: 12 minutes
• Chill time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 12 large sea scallops
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
• 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
• 12 wooden or metal skewers
• 1 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• 12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into pieces
• 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
• 12 ounces snapper or other firm-fleshed fish, cut into pieces
• 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Thread seafood, sausage, and bell peppers on skewers; place in a shallow roasting pan. Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the skewers, and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill kebabs, turning and basting with remaining orange juice mixture, 12 minutes or until done.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/seafood-kebabs