Sautéed Sausages with Apples
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps sugar
• salt and pepper
• 3/4 cup white wine
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried
• 3 small apples, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
• 4 smoked chicken sausages, sliced on the bias
- Warm 1 1/2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, stirring, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Warm remaining oil in skillet. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and cook, turning occasionally, until light golden and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return sausages to skillet. Add wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes. Return apples to skillet to reheat. Stir in thyme; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sauteed-sausages-apples