• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 pound sea scallops
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tbsp capers, drained
• 4 tbsps butter, dividied
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pat scallops dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add scallops, and sear about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer scallops to serving plates, cover, and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until butter begins to turn golden brown. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.) Remove skillet from heat; stir in lemon juice and capers. Spoon sauce over scallops, and serve.
- Wine Note: Jeffrey Dye, proprietor of Happy Camper Wines, suggests his Chardonnay for this meal. "It has light oak notes and green apple flavors," he says, "but its freshness allows it to blend easily with foods and be quite refreshing."
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/scallops-with-caper-brown-butter-sauce